FULL-TIME (35+ weekly hours), NON-EXEMPT
The Assistant Manager’s (AM) role is to assist the General Manager in the oversight of all operations of the restaurant including, but not limited to, ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining profitability through diligent monitoring and controlling of food/beverage costs and labor costs. The AM is also responsible for protecting the current sales volume and working to aggressively increase future sales volume. Ultimately, it is the duty of the AM to assist in running an efficient restaurant operation, rendering fast customer service in a friendly manner in a clean and sanitary atmosphere. The AM reports to the General Manager.
- - Know and embody the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Blake’s Lotaburger.
- - Demonstrate the highest level of customer service by being polite and friendly to customers, especially when handling complaints.
- - Ensure proper preparation of each menu item the proper way, every time. Never walk past a mistake.
- - Possess exceptional leadership skills in order to motivate management staff and crew members to perform all job duties with the customer in mind.
- - Possess expert knowledge of both Blake’s Lotaburger General Employee Policies & Procedures, as well as Book 1 Policies & Procedures.
- - Ensure that all crew members comply with all Blake’s Lotaburger Policies & Procedures.
- - With the direct involvement of the General Manager enforce all Blake’s Lotaburger’s Policies & Procedures through appropriate discipline.
- - Ensure that the kitchen is in compliance with all applicable food safety laws at all times.
- - Ensure that the store safe is always secure unless in immediate use and that cash deposits are delivered to the bank according to Blake’s Lotaburger cash handling policies per Book 1.
- - Document all deposits per Book 1 cash handling policies and assuring that other designated managers are doing the same. Report any deposit discrepancies to your General Manager immediately.
- - Responsible for assisting the General Manager with inventory of the product in your store at the required intervals and ordering in quantities that correspond with your store’s needs.
- - Learn to create work schedules for all crew members on a weekly basis, ensuring the store is fully-staffed and employees are assigned shifts for their availability, while honoring your employees’ requests for time off as long as you are able to appropriately staff your store. AM responsible for scheduling when GM is out.
- - Ensure the store is in compliance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to: food safety, premises safety, equal employment opportunity, and workers’ compensation reporting.
- - Educate and train your employees to comply with the above laws and regulations, encouraging compliance and proper and timely reporting of any issues or concerns.
- - Learn about recruiting new crew members to allow for flexible scheduling; accept new applications, assist GM in scheduling & conducting interviews and hiring qualified and motivated crew members who will be passionate about Blake’s Lotaburger’s food and fanatical about the process.
- - Assist with training and development of all crew members to allow for proper succession planning of future shift and assistant managers; provide feedback on performance with all crew members.
- - Other duties as assigned, including stocking shelves, receiving delivery trucks and housekeeping.
- - Work closely with GM to maintain compliance with sales, food and labor targets.
It is the policy of Blake’s Lotaburger, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Blake’s Lotaburger, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Compensation: $13.50 - $14.50 per hour
WHAT MAKES A BURGER A LOTA BURGER? WELL, YOU START WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY INGREDIENTS & FINISH WITH A LOTA LOVE.
Expertly seasoned & seared Premium Angus Beef patties, tangy pickle slices, a perfect layer of mustard & fresh lettuce, onion & tomato all between two lightly toasted buns? Did I mention exclusively packaged, 100% Hatch Valley grown Green Chile that’s registered by the New Mexico Department of Agriculture? Quality ingredients: Check.
65 years of serving what National Geographic named “The World’s Best Green Chile Cheeseburger” across 80 locations & throughout New Mexico, Texas & Arizona? A LOTA Love: Check.
When the founding father of flavor & WWII Navy Veteran, Blake Chanslor, flipped the first LOTA Burger® in 1952, he gave birth to a New Mexico tradition. 65 years later, Blake’s is a cultural icon (I mean, have you seen me on AMC’s ‘Breaking Bad’? I’m a natural!) & synonymous with New Mexico cuisine.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)