FULL-TIME (Up to 35 weekly hours), NON-EXEMPT
The Shift Manager’s (SM) role is to assist the management team in overseeing of the operation of the restaurant when scheduled as the Manager on Duty (MOD). This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining profitability through diligent monitoring and controlling of food/beverage costs and labor costs. The (SM) may at times, perform the essential functions of a crew member when not acting as the MOD. Ultimately, it is the duty of the SM to assist in running an efficient restaurant operation, rendering fast customer service in a friendly manner in a clean and sanitary atmosphere. The SM reports to the General Manager.
- Know and embody the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Blake’s Lotaburger.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service by being polite and friendly to customers, especially when addressing complaints.
- Ensure proper preparation of each menu item the proper way, every time. Never walk past a mistake.
- Develop exceptional leadership skills in order to motivate management staff and crew members to perform all job duties with the customer in mind.
- Possess expert knowledge of both Blake’s Lotaburger General Employee Policies & Procedures, as well as Book 1 Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that all crew members comply with all Blake’s Lotaburger Policies & Procedures. When a policy violation occurs, report to the General Manager to follow up with appropriate discipline.
- Ensure that the kitchen is in compliance with all applicable food safety laws at all times.
- Ensure that the store safe is always secure. The safe must be closed if not in immediate use.
- Document all deposits per Book 1 cash handling policies and assuring that other designated managers are doing the same. Report any deposit discrepancies to the General Manager immediately.
- Responsible for assisting with inventory of the product in your store. Ensure the store is in compliance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to: food safety, premises safety, equal employment opportunity, and workers’ compensation reporting.
- Educate and train your employees to comply with the above laws and regulations, encouraging compliance and proper and timely reporting of any issues or concerns.
- Assist with training and development of all crew members to allow for proper succession planning of future shift managers; provide constructive feedback on performance with all crew members.
- Other duties as assigned, including stocking shelves, receiving delivery trucks and housekeeping.
- Ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma and have at least six months restaurant experience at any level.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule up to 28 hours per week (PT) or 40 hours per week (FT).
- Appearance must be professional, neat, clean and well-groomed. Visible (neck tattoos are prohibited) tattoos must be appropriate and facial piercings may not be worn at work, but clear “spacers” or “piercing retainers” are allowed.
- Must be proficient on Blake’s Lotaburger restaurant operations, General Policies & Procedures and Book 1 Store-Level Operations.
- Must understand health codes and procedures for handling raw meat and eggs.
- Must possess moderate level computer skills to include electronic mail, Point of Sale system, and the ability to learn the Blake’s Lotaburger BOH computer system.
- Must possess strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to read/write/speak in English. (Fluency is not required)
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, apply and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Food Handler Certified
Essential Physical/Emotional Requirements:
- Physical requirements include: lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and 50 lbs. assisted, ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; bend, stoop, climb and reach. Ability to work in a warm/hot and at times, cold (walk-ins/freezers) environment is a must.
- Must be able to safely work with knives and other sharp objects, wearing any necessary personal protective equipment when needed.
- Work well with others in a team environment, often sharing tasks and/or collaborating on solutions.
- Work scheduled hours while physically present in the restaurant. Ability to see and hear.
- Ability to multitask and work under stressful conditions in a quick service restaurant environment, dealing with customers and other employees. Tolerate a reasonable amount of work stress.
- Ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive situations either with customers or other employees using tactful, appropriate and effective communication.
Blake’s Lotaburger’s policy of equal opportunity includes the following: race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, familial status, gender, sexuality, gender identification, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), veteran status, genetic information, or physical/mental disability (or perceived disability) or any other status protected by local, state or federal law.
This EEO policy applies to all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and terms and conditions of employment. Blake’s Lotaburger will not tolerate any form of harassment, discrimination, retaliation on the basis of any status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Blake’s Lotaburger, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HR@lotaburger.com or 505-884-2160 Ext. 1644.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.