FULL-TIME (35+ weekly hours), NON-EXEMPT
The Assistant Manager’s (AM) role is to assist the General Manager in the oversight of all operations of the restaurant including, but not limited to, ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining profitability through diligent monitoring and controlling of food/beverage costs and labor costs. The AM is also responsible for protecting the current sales volume and working to aggressively increase future sales volume. Ultimately, it is the duty of the AM to assist in running an efficient restaurant operation, rendering fast customer service in a friendly manner in a clean and sanitary atmosphere. The AM reports to the General Manager.
- Know and embody the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Blake’s Lotaburger.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service by being polite and friendly to customers, especially when handling complaints.
- Ensure proper preparation of each menu item the proper way, every time. Never walk past a mistake.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills in order to motivate management staff and crew members to perform all job duties with the customer in mind.
- Possess expert knowledge of both Blake’s Lotaburger General Employee Policies & Procedures, as well as Book 1 Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that all crew members comply with all Blake’s Lotaburger Policies & Procedures.
- With the direct involvement of the General Manager enforce all Blake’s Lotaburger’s Policies & Procedures through appropriate discipline.
- Ensure that the kitchen is in compliance with all applicable food safety laws at all times.
- Ensure that the store safe is always secure unless in immediate use and that cash deposits are delivered to the bank according to Blake’s Lotaburger cash handling policies per Book 1.
- Document all deposits per Book 1 cash handling policies and assuring that other designated managers are doing the same. Report any deposit discrepancies to your General Manager immediately.
- Responsible for assisting the General Manager with inventory of the product in your store at the required intervals and ordering in quantities that correspond with your store’s needs.
- Learn to create work schedules for all crew members on a weekly basis, ensuring the store is fully-staffed and employees are assigned shifts for their availability, while honoring your employees’ requests for time off as long as you are able to appropriately staff your store. AM responsible for scheduling when GM is out.
- Ensure the store is in compliance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to: food safety, premises safety, equal employment opportunity, and workers’ compensation reporting.
- Educate and train your employees to comply with the above laws and regulations, encouraging compliance and proper and timely reporting of any issues or concerns.
- Learn about recruiting new crew members to allow for flexible scheduling; accept new applications, assist GM in scheduling & conducting interviews and hiring qualified and motivated crew members who will be passionate about Blake’s Lotaburger’s food and fanatical about the process.
- Assist with training and development of all crew members to allow for proper succession planning of future shift and assistant managers; provide feedback on performance with all crew members.
- Other duties as assigned, including stocking shelves, receiving delivery trucks and housekeeping.
- Work closely with GM to maintain compliance with sales, food and labor targets.
- Ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma, one or more years of restaurant management experience, an associate’s degree in related field, or college coursework in business management.
- Ability to work at least 35+ hours per week, including varying evenings, weekends and holidays. Flexibility is critical for management level employees.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis in emergencies.
- Appearance must be professional, neat, clean and well-groomed. Visible (neck tattoos are prohibited) tattoos must be appropriate and facial piercings may not be worn at work, but clear “spacers” or “piercing retainers” are allowed.
- Must be able to quickly become proficient on Blake’s Lotaburger restaurant operations, General Policies & Procedures, Book 1 Store-Level Operations.
- Must have expert understanding of health codes and procedures for handling raw meat and eggs.
- Possess moderate level computer skills to include electronic mail, Point of Sale system, BOH reporting and the ability to generate product orders with Blake’s Lotaburger’s computer system.
- Must possess strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to read/write/speak in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, apply and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, including a motor vehicles record search.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and auto insurance that meets or exceeds state minimum liability requirements.
- Food Handler Certified and ability to become ServSafe certified within 90 days.
Essential Physical/Emotional Requirements:
- Physical requirements include: lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and 50 lbs. assisted, ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; bend, stoop, climb and reach. Ability to work in a warm/hot and at times, cold (walk-ins/freezers) environment is a must.
- Must be able to safely work with knives and other sharp objects, wearing any necessary protective equipment when needed.
- Work well with others in a team environment, often sharing tasks and/or collaborating on solutions.
- Work scheduled hours while physically present in the restaurant. Weekly schedule should include varying evening and weekend shifts, in addition to some Holidays.
- Ability to see and hear.
- Ability to multitask and work under stressful conditions in a quick service restaurant environment, dealing with customers and other employees. Tolerate a reasonable amount of work stress.
- Ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive situations either with customers or other employees using tactful, appropriate and effective communication.
Blake’s Lotaburger’s policy of equal opportunity includes the following: race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, familial status, gender, sexuality, gender identification, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), veteran status, genetic information, or physical/mental disability (or perceived disability) or any other status protected by local, state or federal law.
This EEO policy applies to all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and terms and conditions of employment. Blake’s Lotaburger will not tolerate any form of harassment, discrimination, retaliation on the basis of any status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Blake’s Lotaburger, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HR@lotaburger.com or 505-884-2160 Ext. 1644.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.