FULL-TIME (50+ weekly hours), NON-EXEMPT
The General Manager’s (GM) role is to oversee all operations of the restaurant including, but not limited to, ensuring customer satisfaction while maintaining profitability through diligent monitoring and controlling of food/beverage costs and labor costs. The GM is also responsible for protecting the current sales volume and working to aggressively increase future sales volume. Ultimately, it is the duty of the GM to run an efficient restaurant operation, rendering fast customer service in a friendly manner in a clean and sanitary atmosphere. The GM reports to the District Manager.
- Know and embody the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Blake’s Lotaburger.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service by being polite and friendly to customers, especially when handling complaints.
- Ensure proper preparation of each menu item the proper way, every time. Never walk past a mistake.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills in order to motivate management staff and crew members to perform all job duties with the customer in mind.
- Possess expert knowledge of both Blake’s Lotaburger General Employee Policies & Procedures, as well as Book 1 Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that all crew members comply with all Blake’s Lotaburger Policies & Procedures.
- Address management staff and crew member conduct through enforcement of company policies and procedures by coaching, appropriate discipline and if necessary, discharge. Seek assistance regarding any employee relations or disciplinary issues through your direct report and HR Department.
- Ensure that the kitchen is in compliance with all applicable food safety laws at all times.
- Ensure that the store safe is always secure unless in immediate use and that cash deposits are delivered to the bank according to Blake’s Lotaburger cash handling policies per Book 1.
- Document all deposits per Book 1 cash handling policies and assuring that other designated managers are doing the same. Report all deposit discrepancies to your District Manager immediately.
- Responsible for taking accurate inventory of the product in your store at the required intervals and ordering in quantities that correspond with your store’s needs.
- Create work schedules for all crew members on a weekly basis, ensuring the store is fully-staffed and employees are assigned shifts for their availability, while honoring your employees’ requests for time off as long as you are able to appropriately staff your store. Diligently monitor labor percentage.
- Ensure the store is in compliance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to: food safety, premises safety, equal employment opportunity, and workers’ compensation reporting.
- Educate and train your employees to comply with the above laws and regulations, encouraging compliance and proper and timely reporting of any issues or concerns.
- Recruiting new crew members and managers to allow for flexible scheduling; accept & review new applications, schedule & conduct interviews and hire qualified and motivated crew members that will be passionate about Blake’s Lotaburger’s food and fanatical about the process.
- Assist with training and development of all crew members to allow for proper succession planning of future shift and assistant managers; provide feedback on performance with all crew members.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned, including stocking shelves, receiving delivery trucks and housekeeping.
- Work with District Manager and/or Regional Manager to plan tailored ways to increase sales within the specific market, optimize food and labor costs in the restaurant(s).
- Train management staff and crew members in appropriate inventory/ordering practices, monitoring of operations, “shopping” the store(s), and sampling products.
- Work closely with District Manager to meet all goals (food/labor/sales)
- Ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma, two or more years of restaurant management experience, an associate’s degree in related field, or college coursework in business management.
- Ability to work at least 40+ hours per week, including varying evenings, weekends and holidays. Flexibility is critical for management level employees.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis in emergencies.
- Appearance must be professional, neat, clean and well-groomed. Visible (neck tattoos are prohibited) tattoos must be appropriate and facial piercings may not be worn at work, but clear “spacers” or “piercing retainers” are allowed.
- Must be able to quickly become proficient on Blake’s Lotaburger restaurant operations, General Policies & Procedures, Book 1 Store-Level Operations.
- Must understand health codes and procedures for handling raw meat and eggs.
- Possess moderate level computer skills to include electronic mail, Point of Sale system, and the ability to generate product orders with Blake’s Lotaburger’s computer system.
- Must possess strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to read/write/speak in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, apply and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, including a motor vehicles record search.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and auto insurance that meets or exceeds state minimum liability requirements.
- ServSafe Manager Certified
Essential Physical/Emotional Requirements:
- Physical requirements include: lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and 50 lbs. assisted, ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; bend, stoop, climb and reach. Ability to work in a warm/hot and at times, cold (walk-ins/freezers) environment is a must.
- Must be able to safely work with knives and other sharp objects, wearing any necessary protective equipment when needed.
- Work well with others in a team environment, often sharing tasks and/or collaborating on solutions.
- Work scheduled hours while physically present in the restaurant. Weekly schedule must include at least two evening shifts and one weekend shift, in addition to Holidays.
- Ability to see and hear.
- Ability to multitask and work under stressful conditions in a quick service restaurant environment, dealing with customers and other employees. Tolerate a reasonable amount of stress.
- Ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive situations either with customers or other employees using tactful, appropriate and effective communication.
Blake’s Lotaburger’s policy of equal opportunity includes the following: race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, familial status, gender, sexuality, gender identification, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), veteran status, genetic information, or physical/mental disability (or perceived disability) or any other status protected by local, state or federal law.
This EEO policy applies to all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and terms and conditions of employment. Blake’s Lotaburger will not tolerate any form of harassment, discrimination, retaliation on the basis of any status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Blake’s Lotaburger, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HR@lotaburger.com or 505-884-2160 Ext. 1644.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.